Saturday, April 25, 2009

Final Blog

Well, this is my final blog for EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I really enjoyed every minute of this class because I have learned a lot of interesting things about technology and how I can incorporate it into my future career plans as an elementary teacher. I am really glad I learned power point, especially because I have always heard about it and how fun and useful it could be. I think out of every thing I learned, I enjoyed it the most!! Learning about podcasts and how to do it was also interesting and fun. It was like having my own mini radio show. I think knowing what a podcast is all about will help give me great ideas to use in my classroom for planning and to find out all sorts of educational information from other educators abroad. Learning spreadsheets was confusing at first for me because of the different formulas. But after doing it a couple of times, I think I've got it. Not only did I learn to use it as a budget tool, but being able to use it for data purposes, like using it to create a grade book, was interesting. Technology is forever changing and coming into this course, I only new the basic computer skills like searching on the web and using Microsoft Word. I only heard of blogs from having a myspace page, but I never used it. So blogging, I've learned, is a great way to communicate and share your ideas and opinions with everyone around the world on various topics. When we discussed Wikipedia, I knew it could be used for research purposes, but what I didn't know was anyone could alter the information. That's what I don't like about that site. Thanks Mr. Wakeman!!! You taught me that you can never be to sure if the information on this site is true or false. So that helped me learn not to rely just on that one site alone. Overall, I enjoyed this course and Professor Wakeman. I hope my classmates learned just as much information as I did and will be able to use them in their future endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment