Saturday, February 28, 2009

Can Wikipedia Ever Be Trusted?


I had never really used wikipedia but a few times. And I thought it was all legit. But now I really have mixed emotions about the web site. And not only because you don't know if the information is true but you also don't know the intentions of the individuals editing what kind of information is on there. I thought this was a web site that a research team does. And maybe only the research team could edit or update. But was I so wrong! But thanks to Virgil Griffith who was the genius who discovered a way to tell who is editing this site. So whether or not this site could ever be a "trusted" site for information is unknown. But if I was doing research on a topic, I wouldn't just rely on wikipedia itself. I would research and consider other sources of information as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment